Monday, November 18, 2013

Dinesh Kamath's movie columns had made Newsband a popular newspaper in Navi Mumbai?


Hi Friends, 
I've received many e-mails from my Readers asking me why I stopped writing movie column 'Movie and TV World' regularly in the daily newspaper 'Newsband'. In one of my videos I had told my fans that I had to stop writing movie column regularly since our newspaper had come up with the policy that there should be more local news in our daily newspaper 'Newsband'. Since then I restricted myself to writing about the movies only during Friday while rest of the days I am concentrating on writing just local news.
Supriya Iyer of Nerul, who is one of my many fans who write to me regularly, says, "Dinesh, it was your columns based on 'Movie and TV World' which had made the newspaper 'Newsband' very popular among the Readers of Navi Mumbai. It was your movie column that would tempt many residents of Navi Mumbai to buy the copy of the newspaper 'Newsband'. Not only did you personally become popular owing to the movie column, but you also made the newspaper 'Newsband' extremely popular. I and many of my friends are missing your movie columns very badly. However, what we find amazing is that you are very good at writing local news too. We find you writing the local news in as interesting manner as you would write movie columns in the past. We also find your 'Editorials' very interesting to read. As far as your cartoons are concerned, I've no words. Your works are undoubtedly much better than the works of those popular Journalists who work for big newspapers in Mumbai. I feel that the caliber of a journalist should be judged not just by the pay-packet he receives but also by the nature of contributions that he makes to his newspaper. These are not just my views. These are the views of many of my friends also. 
I strongly feel that not only Newsband made Dinesh Kamath but also Dinesh Kamath made Newsband the popular newspaper that it is today. I and, I am sure, many residents of Navi Mumbai are looking forward to reading more and more of your works even in the future. Thanks for keeping us entertained and informed since last nine to ten years and may the Almighty God instill in you the strength to carry on informing and entertaining us for a long, long time in the future too. I luv U, Dino!"
Well, this is one of the many fan-mails which I receive regularly. I thank Supriya Iyer for this beautiful letter. I also thank my other fans who keep sending me e-mails from time to time. I would like to tell you that I am because of all my fans. Had it not been for my fans who read my works regularly, I would have been nowhere today. I once again repeat, "It is my fans who converted me from a 'nobody' to 'Celebrity'." I thank all my fans from the depth of my heart and I hope that they will continue to shower their love upon me even in the future. Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment