Wednesday, April 21, 2010

From the heart of Dinesh Kamath

The first movie I remember having seen is a film which had Sanjay Khan and Meena Kumari playing the lead roles. I remember having loved one song of that particular film. It was a romantic duet picturized on Sanjay Khan and Meena Kumari. The song was 'Pyar hua hai jab se, mujhko nahi chain aata' (something like that). I remember I kept humming that song for many days after I watched the film. That song would literally haunt me. Another movie I remember having seen when I was very small is 'Milan' which had Sunil Dutt and Nutan playing the lead roles. The film was about reincarnation. Almost all the songs of that film were hit. I saw, for the first time Pran, the actor who played villain's role frequently those days. He terrified me to a great extent. I feel Pran was a villain who knew best how to make himself most hated and dreaded by the audience. No other actor who followed him could play the villain's role as convincingly as Pran could do. I personally feel that Pran is the best Screen villain of all times. Even after he stopped playing villain's role and decided to play character roles instead, he proved to be the best charactor actor. I liked Pran in 'Zanjeer'. What a way he danced to the tune of the song 'Yaari hai imaan mera yaar meri zindagi'! Sunil Dutt was my most favourite hero when I was a child. I liked his role in Mother India. I admired those days the way he acted to the tune of the song 'Na main Bhagwan hoon, na main saitaan hoon, Duniya joh chahe samjhe, main toh insaan hoon'. Sunil Dutt and Nutan were my favourite male and female actors until Rajesh Khanna and Sharmila Tagore came into the scene. I saw the two for the first time in the film 'Aaradhana'. I remember having got completely stunned by Sharmila's beauty. I was just staring at her throughout the time while I was watching the film. She became my dream girl. I also fell in love with Rajesh Khanna's style of romancing. I've never seen a more loveable romantic hero than him. After watching 'Aaradhana' I would try not to miss any film which had Rajesh Khanna or Sharmila Tagore or both starring. I loved Rajesh Khanna while he danced to a tune of the song of Prem Nagar. The song was 'Bye bye miss good night, kal phir milenge'. Those were the days when any song picturized on Rajesh Khanna would become a super hit. Rajesh Khanna reigned as a super star for a long long time. He could be replaced only by a star of the stature of Amitabh Bachchan who with his angry young man's image diverted the attention of audiences' towards him. I love one song that was piturized on Amitabh. The song is 'Main pal do pal ka shayar hoon, pal do pal meri kahani hai, pal do pal meri hasti hai, pal do pal meri jawani hai'. Another song that was picturised on Amitabh and which I liked was 'Dilbar mere kab tak mujhe aise hi tadpaonge, main aag dil mein laga doonga woh pal mein pigal jaoge, ek din aayega, pyaar ho jayega.....' Before I stop writing I'll tell you which is my favourite modern song. It is 'Do baatein ho sakti hai, sanam tere inkaar ki, ya duniya se tu darti hai ya kadar nahi mere pyar ki'. I'll talk more about films and subjects I like as and when I feel inspired. Until then, bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment