Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Diinesh Kamath on Sadhana











Today I'll talk about my most favourite Bollywood actress who is none other than Sadhana who is an actress of the past and who was part of many hit Bollywood films. Sadhana was a stunning beauty. She had her own style of acting. Her best feature was her extremely beutiful eyes. She had ice-cool eyes. She would stare in such a way that she appeared extremely romantic to the audiences. I liked her in the film Saaya when the song 'tu jahan jahan chalega mera saaya paas hoga' was picturized on her. That was a haunting song which suited her haunting look. Then I liked her in a romantic duet which was picturized on Sadhana and Sanjay Khan. The song was 'Parda hata do, mukhda deekha do, hum pyar karne wale hai koi gair nahi'. Then I liked the way she danced to the tune of famous number from Saaya. The song was 'Jhoomka gira re Bareilly ke bazaar mein'. What a way she danced to that tune! In the same film (Saaya) Sadhana had played a double role. One of the character she played was supposed to be a dacoit. The film depicted a court scene where Sadhana gave a memorable performance. She literally acted like a psychopathic dacoit at one stage. When I saw that particular scene I could not believe that she was the same romantic and cool actress who had won my heart while I was watching many of her movies. She had played the role of a ghost in a movie 'Woh Kaun Thi'. One particular song that was picturised on her impressed me the most. The song was 'Lag ja gale ki phir ye hasin raat ho na ho shayad phir is janam mein mulaqat ho na ho'. I liked Sadhana also in a romantic scene that she shared with Sunil Dutt in a scene in the movie 'Waqt'. That scene consisted of a romantic number 'Aage bhi jaane na tu, peeche bhi jaane na tu, jo bhi hai, bus yahi ek pal hai'. Sadhana looked extremelu cool, romantic and seductive in that particular scene. Whenever I try to recall all my favourite heroines of Bollywood, Sadhana doesn't fail to dominate in my memory. Very rarely do you get to witness an actress and beauty of the caliber of Sadhana. She is indeed one of the most unforgettable beauty of the past. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment