Saturday, May 8, 2010

Dinesh Kamath talks about his best moments


There were two best moments in my life. One was when my daughter Dhanashree was born. The second best moment was when I got a break as a journalist. When my daughter was born I felt extremely happy. I always wanted a daughter more than a son simply because I didn't have a sister. My daughter looked extremely cute when she was born. Today she is in her teens and is doing extremely fine academically. When my daughter was born there was no English medium school at a walking distance from my home. But my daughter was lucky because just during the time when she was in the womb of her mother, a superb English medium school called Bombay Cmbridge School sprung up just outside the compound of my home. It was a school that belonged to American Education Society. My daughter did her entire schooling over there and she passed SSC by scoring a little more than 86 percent. My daughter proved lucky for me too because when she was in sixth or seventh standard I got a job in the weekly newspaper In New Bombay at Vashi. Today it has been converted into a daily newspaper called Newsband. I used this golden opportunity that I got to prove my worth as a sub-editor, columnist and cartoonist. My ambition is to one day start my own newspaper or magazine. I am waiting to be financially fit enough before I can start working to achieve that goal. It will not be enough for me to start a newspaper or mag. That newspaper or mag should click too. Only then can I say that my ambition is fulfilled. Starting a newspaer or mag is very easy. To make it click is difficult, if not impossible. But I have a feeling that I can click as publisher of newspaper or mag once I've accumulated enough money. Let's see when this particular dream of mine will materialize. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment