Monday, November 19, 2012

Dinesh Kamath's fans have asked him to write a book based on his experiences as journalist

Hi friends,
Some of my fans had approached me and asked me to write a book based on my experiences as journalist. These fans of mine were very keen on knowing the in-story about newspaper world. They thought that I would be the best man to write this in-story. They feel that such a book, if I write, will go hit with my readers not only in Navi Mumbai but also beyond this city. 
Am I qualified to write such a book? It is true that I have been in this field for more than eight and a half year and during this period I've seen both the positive and negative sides of newspaper world. I personally have gone through all types of experiences as a newspaper man. I have gone through all types of emotions while pursuing my career as a newspaper or media person. I have observed from very close the kind of politics that prevail in this newspaper business. I've met all kinds of people associated with this business. I know that if I write a book based on my experiences as newspaper man, many negative as well as positive aspects of media world will come to the surface and that is just what many of my fans want. 
If I seriously decide to write a book on my experiences as a newspaper man I will want to write a truthful account both about people I came across as well as myself. I would like to project to my readers both positive and negative sides of me too. I wouldn't like to conceal the mistakes I have made while pursuing my newspaper job. 
Many of my fans feel that I am a successful journalist. But there are some of my readers who disagree with my fans. What do I personally feel about my performance as a journalist so far? I sincerely feel that from one angle I've indeed achieved success as a journalist. But when I see from another angle, I get the feeling that I've yet to achieve more to call myself a successful journalist. So both my fans and critics are right. 
Now coming back to the book that my fans want me to write. I feel that if I write a book based on my experiences as a newspaper man, people might most probably find the contents of my book similar to the contents of many films made by popular Bollywood Director Madhur Bhandarkar. The book is bound to make my fans compare it with films like Page 3, Corporate, Satta, Fashion and Heroine. This is what I personally feel. The difference is all these above-mentioned films were woman oriented while my book will be of course male oriented. Probably they might find my book better than those films - can't say. 
Anyway, I am indeed very keen on fulfilling the wish of my beloved readers and most probably, in the future, I will come up with a book based on my experiences as a journalist. Bye!       

No comments:

Post a Comment