Thursday, March 18, 2010

About Myself

About Myself
Today I'll tell you some things about myself. I did most of my schooling at Bandra (West). I studied in St Theresa's High School which is located between Bandra and Khar. I studied in St Theresa's Convent, Goa from 1964 to 1970. During my times we had to pursue 11 + 2 + 2 course and not 10 + 2 + 3 like the students today pursue. After my schooling I joined Parle College, which is today called Sathye College. After that I did a course in journalism at Bombay College of Journalism which was conducted at K C College at Churchgate. Although my ambition was to become a journalist I was forced to take up a job at Mumbai Customs owing to my father's demise. My father was the top intelligence officer in Directorate of Revenue Intelligence which is a kind of extension of Customs. Since he died on duty I was taken in Customs under the quota that was reserved for children of custom employees who died while on duty. I worked in Customs for around 14 years. I resigned from Customs when I was working there in capacity of a Custom Officer. After that I did a course in medical transcription and even worked in a security agency for sometimes. Then one fine day I got a big break. I got a job of a sub-editor in the weekly newspaper of Navi Mumbai. The newspaper was 'In New Bombay' which is today called Newsband and which is a daily. I made the best of that big break. I proved my worth as a daily cartoonist and columnist. Besides that I also started a brain teaser column. Today I'm still employed in Newsband and I'm doing fine. I hope that everything will go fine with me in the future too. That's all for today. I promise to write more about myself and things that interest me from time to time in the future too for the benefit of those who would want to read me. Bye!

1 comment:

  1. Although Dinesh got a big break in the field of journalism very late in his life, he, in the matter of few years, has managed to contribute more works than many seasoned journalists have done during their entire lifetime. Congrats Dinesh!

    ReplyDelete