Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dinesh Kamath talks about Publisher and Editor of Newsband


I had told you earlier that I am employed with the daily newspaper 'Newsband' which is located at Vashi in Navi Mumbai. The publisher of Newsband is Kailash Gindodia while its editor is K R Bhat. Newsband was called 'In New Bombay' when I joined it and it was a weekly newspaper. It was K R Bhat who had interviewed me before I became a part of the weekly newspaper 'In New Bombay'. After the interview K R Bhat found me fit for the post of sub-editor and after consulting with publisher Kailash Gindodia he decided to make me the part of 'In New Bombay'. I worked for the weekly paper for three years after which it became a daily called Newsband for which I've been working since last more than three years. Publisher Kailash Gindodia is also the owner of a construction company. Running the newspapers 'Newsband' (in English) and 'Aaple Nave Shaher' (in Marathi) is his side business. He is the first man in Navi Mumbai to have been able to make a daily newspaper click for so long time (i.e for more than three years) within the city of Navi Mumbai. No other person in Navi Mumbai has been able to perform this feat so far. The little success that I personally have been able to achieve as a journalist is owing to the encouragement given to me by both publisher Kailash Gindodia and editor K R Bhat. They are the ones who gave me the big break that I badly needed to show my prowess as a newspaper man. It is their belief in my abilities that has kept me going for last more than six years. They gave me the opportunity to get to know quite a lot about newspaper business. I thank both the publisher and editor for giving me the chance to exploit my journalistic talents. I received excellent cooperation from other members of the Newsband staff too and I thank them also. I am also grateful to those readers of 'Newsband' who cared to read my works and helped me to achieve that little success as a scribe. I am looking forward to becoming a still better journalist. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment