Friday, January 6, 2012

Dinesh Kamath, Editor of Newsband, manages to bring out the daily newspaper 'Newsband' regularly and continuously for one year


Hi,
Former Editor of Newsband K R Bhat had stopped attending office since the first week of January 2011. It was I, who was the Sub-Editor at that time, who then took over from Bhat and played the role of Acting Editor. On 30 September 2011, I became the Editor of Newsband officially. As an Acting Editor and later as an Editor, I've been able to bring out the daily newspaper regularly and continuously for one year. I feel this is a kind of achievement and I could achieve this feat only because of the excellent cooperation extended to me by my staff who included sub-editor Prakash Koshi, Reporters Amit Kumar Srivastav, Chandrashekhar Hendve, Umesh Parida, Pratibha Yadav, Indira Thakur, Vikram Gaikwad, Jaspal Singh Naol and Shilpa Suryavanshi, Photo-journalist Ashok Dhamija and DTP Operators Ajimon, Manoj Gole and Shanoj. The credits should also go to Marketing manager Divakar Gore and marketing executives Vijay Kamble and Rampreet Roy. I thank the peons, particularly Ram, Radhe and Namdev, for extending to me their helping hands whenever I needed. Anant Hadawale of Administration staff is another man who played useful role in helping me achieve this feat. There are some others too who contributed to my success. I thank my entire staff for making it possible for me to achieve this feat. I'm looking forward to obtaining similar cooperation from them even in the future. I feel grateful to even former Editor of Newsband K R Bhat for giving me the big break as journalist in weekly 'In New Bombay', which is now daily 'Newsband', and also for teaching me a lot of useful things relating to newspaper trade. I also thank Publisher Kailash Gindodia and 'In-charge of Newsband' Aakash Gindodia for giving me an opportunity to display my talent as a newspaper man. Lastly, I thank the most important people and they are my readers. I thank them because it is because of them that I could achieve this feat. If it was not for their appreciation and constructive criticism I could not have been the person I am today. I always say that my beloved fans made me who I am today and that's an absolute fact! I hope that they'll continue loving me and my works even in the future. I too, on my part, will continue to inform and entertain them through my works.  I also thank my family comprising of my mother, wife and daughter and also my late brother and his wife and daughter for all the cooperation and encouragement they gave me, I owe my success as a journalist to them too. Thanks a lot! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment