Friday, August 17, 2012

Dinesh Kamath, Editor of Newsband, talks about 'Fame'

Hi,
Fame is a great thing. It is not easy to get fame. It is easy to earn money, but not fame. In this world, only about one percent of the people are famous, but more than fifty percent are rich. That proves that it is easy to earn money but not fame. 
In the city of Navi Mumbai, I have been in the limelight for more than eight years. So I realize the value of fame. It's a great thing to be famous, provided of course you are reasonably rich too. Soon after I joined the weekly newspaper 'In New Bombay', which is today daily 'Newsband' I have been getting stares from people the moment I would step down at Vashi railway station. Till today I have been getting those stares. I love it. It's a great feeling. I get stares from many beautiful girls and women and even quite many males. I first thought that I was known only in Vashi until one day I just travelled from Vashi to Panvel and from Vashi to Thane. I was surprised to see that I was getting stares from people right from Vashi till Panvel and from Vashi till Thane. No, not all people know me. But it is a fact that many Navi Mumbaikars know me. 
When I started my blog about two and a half years back, I found that I was getting stares even in Mumbai. I also have reasons to believe that I'm known to quite a big section of foreigners too. 
If you call all these experiences of mine 'FAME' then you believe me it is really worth being famous. It's undoubtedly a great feeling. I would like to repeat once again what I had said earlier: It is easy to be rich but it is extremely difficult to be famous. I am lucky to have enjoyed eight years of FAME so far. Let's see how long I'll continue enjoying this fame. I thank all those people who made it possible for me to enjoy this thing called FAME. Bye! 

No comments:

Post a Comment