Monday, October 4, 2010

Dinesh Kamath is a member of Film Writers' Association


For your information, I am a member of Film Writers' Association. How did I become the member of this Association. Well, In 1995, I happened to write an interesting film script. I approached some Bollywood film producers with the script but it was rejected. I didn't lose heart. I kept on trying to sell my script. One producer whose name was Liaqatullah liked my script so much that he bought the script and paid me a reasonably good amount. He made me sign a contract paper so that I don't sell the script to anybody else. With the help of this contract paper I could become a member of Film Writers' Association. One of the rules of this association is that you can become its member only if you have managed to sell at least one film script of yours. I satisfied that requirement and hence I became a member of the association which boasts of having many prominent writers of film industry as its members. Those writers include even Javed Akhtar, one of the legendary film writers I became the member of Film Writers' Association in 1995 and even today I'm its member. This association protects the copyright of your film script by registering it. Nobody else then can steal you work. I would like to remain a member of Film Writers' Association lifelong. My ambition is to write still more film scripts and I would like one or few or all my scripts become big hits like Salim-Javed's Zanjeer, Deewar, Shakti, Trishul, Sholay etc. Will this dream of mine materialize? Let's wait and see! Bye

No comments:

Post a Comment