Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Dinesh Kamath's ambition to become a successful Editor of newspaper got fulfilled



Dinesh Kamath (above) as Acting Editor of Newsband

In newspaper Newsband, I am a Senior Sub Editor and next-in-rank to Editor K R Bhat. Hence whenever K R Bhat is absent I play the role of Acting Editor or Editor. My ambition to become Editor of a newspaper got fulfilled when I got the opportunities to play the role of Acting Editor of newspaper Newsband not once or twice but more than 60 times. I not only played the role of Acting Editor but I also proved to be a big success as an Acting Editor. Now an Acting Editor is as good as Editor and I'm happy that I got the chance to display my prowess as a Newspaper Editor time and again. I played the role of Acting Editor of Newsband whenever the Editor of the Newsband, K R Bhat, went on leave. Bhat had taken two weeks leave twice and he had gone on one week leave more than four times. You can say that Bhat was absent more than sixty times and every time when Bhat was absent it was I who played the role of Acting Editor and many Readers of Newband appreciated the way I performed my duties as an Acting Editor. In fact, the copies of newspaper Newsband got sold in bigger number than usual whenever I was the Acting Editor. There were times when I brought out the newpaper on time in spite of the fact that I had very less staff working under me. I brought out the newspaper on time in spite of tremendous pressure on me. In spite of the pressure, I would bring out standard and high-quality newspaper. I displayed my abilities to control my staff in most competent manner during the absence of Editor and during my reign as Acting Editor (which is as good as Editor). As an Acting Editor I wrote editorials which were greatly appreciated by the Readers. In fact, I have written so far more than 300 Editorials during my career as journalist and every time I wrote an Editorial the Readers were impressed and they praised me. I also proved my prowess as a writer of political, crime and general news items. There were many readers who appreciated in a big way my ability to write excellent news items. Another thing is since I have in the past played the role of successful Reporter I knew exactly how to handle the reporters working under me whenever I played the role of Acting Editor or Editor. So now that my ambition to not only play the role of Editor of a newspaper but also become a successful Editor got fulfilled, my only ambition left is to become not only a Publisher but also a successful Publisher. The day this ambition of mine gets fulfilled, I will be the most satisfied man. I thank those many Readers of mine who came forward and congratulated me whenever I as an Acting Editor brought out the newspapers. They told me that the newspapers I brought out were very readable, of the best standard and worth more than the money they paid for them. This reaction of the Readers has more than satisfied me. Now what is left to be seen is whether I manage to make my dream of becoming Publisher get materialized. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment