Friday, October 1, 2010

Dinesh Kamath talks about his success and his ambitions

I do feel like a successful journalist today. But I'm not satisfied with just this much success. I want to be still more successful. I have achieved success just at the local level. My ambition is to become a National celebrity after which I would like to make it big internationally.
I have written for my newspaper more than 1200 columns on Movie and TV (each column has around 1000 words). I've written all these columns under my name. I've organised all these works and converted them into seven volumes of books. I'm making attempts to sell these books to the right publisher who will be in a position to pay me a good sum and also distribute my books all over the nation and also all over the world. These books can be considered as History of Bollywood and TV. The book contains quite a big number of articles on Hollywood too. So I am expecting these books to become quite a big hit not only in India but also in the entire world if only a good publisher decides to print, publish and distribute them in a big way.
I have also got my political cartoons on Alooramji converted into six volumes of books. These cartoons are around 1200 in number. I'm sure these books too will be bought in a big way all over the nation and probably all over the world, again if only a publisher undertakes to publish and distribute them. Next, I have a good number of children cartoons on Puno converted into five volumes of books. These cartoons are around 1000 in number and show promise of getting sold both in national and international markets. Lastly I've got all my brainteasers too compiled into book forms and they too can find market at both national and international level.
I forgot something. Here it is. When the Daily newspaper 'Newsband' was a weekly called 'In New Bombay' I had written 33 articles on useful tips, 50 humorous articles and 41 children stories. I had written all three of them under three different pen names of mine and I've made three books out of all three of them. All the three books show promise of getting sold in a big way in both national and international markets if only the right publisher agrees to print, publish and distribute them.
So now I'm just waiting to come across the right publisher who can help me get all these works of mine published and distributed in a big way. In case these books get sold I'm expecting to earn quite a big sum by virtue of which I will be in a position to start my own publishing house. My ambition is to start a newspaper or magazine and publish books too if I can get reasonably good money out of selling the above-mentioned books of mine. Just one good publisher can make all the difference to my life. Many readers of my works that appear in Navi Mumbai's daily newspaper Newsband have suggested to me that I should make it national and international and not be just content with local fame since they have found that I possess the potential to become both national and international celebrity. I thank these readers of mine for giving me such a useful suggestion, and their love and encouragement makes me feel confident that I will surely succeed in making it very big in the publishing world in the future. I am looking forward to continuing winning the love and affection of my readers in the future too. It is they who have made me a local celebrity and it is they again who are inspiring me to make it big both nationally and internationally. I will ever feel very grateful to them and I hope that they'll continue showering on me their love and affection even in the future. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment