Sunday, July 17, 2011

Dinesh Kamath talks about his role as journalist


Today I'm playing the role of an Acting Editor. I've not yet become Editor officially. I'll consider myself as Editor only when I'm officially made an Editor. Till then I don't consider myself as an Editor. But I do consider myself as an Acting Editor because I have been literally playing the role of an Acting Editor since a long, long time.
After I had finished my college, my ambition was to become a columnist and cartoonist. Today I feel pleased to say that I'm both successful columnist and successful cartoonist. So my dream is fulfilled. When I achieved success as columnist and cartoonist, my critics were saying that I was columnist and cartoonist at local level only. But these critics had to shut their traps when I put many of my cartoons and columns on my Blog and many people, not only from New Bombay (Navi Mumbai) but also all over the world, went through my blog and appreciated them in a big way. Blog has made me an International Journalist. For your information, I'm also in the Googles in a big way. I thank those people who are in charge of Blog and Googles for giving me the support I badly needed. Today, I feel tremendously satisfied as far as my career of a journalist is concerned.
I should have become a prominent journalist at the age of twenty-one. But I was not given the break I needed when I was in my twenties. I got that big break at the age of forty five. Since then I never looked back and went on to make up for the time I lost. Today, as a journalist, I've contributed more than almost all the other journalists who, I'm sure, must have not contributed as much as I did during their entire career. I feel triumphant today! Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment