Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Dinesh Kamath was made offers to contest elections


Hi,
The moment I got the break as journalist in New Bombay (Navi Mumbai) it didn't take time for me to achieve popularity. Just few months after I worked as journalist I was made an offer to contest an election for corporator's seat at a particular part of New Bombay (Navi Mumbai). But I refused to contest since I had not become very familiar with the city and I needed time to learn still more about New Bombay (Navi Mumbai). A few more months passed and I was once again asked whether I would like to contest election - this time for MLA's seat. Now I was indeed quite familiar with the city but yet I felt it would be wise on my part not to contest any election and to continue concentrating on my career as a journalist. Many more months passed and just recently I was asked to think about whether I would like to contest election for the seat of MP. For your information, I was made these offers by more than one political party. I am giving a lot of thought to the idea whether to contest or not election in New Bombay (Navi Mumbai). I fact, I am debating with myself in great length. At present, I am not sure whether I will accept the offer. I am indeed interested in politics and would love to serve the country in any capacity but I feel that I should contest election only when I am absolutely sure that I'll win the election. There is no point in contesting the election before that. I would not like to contest and then lose any election. I strongly feel that if I contest the election I should win too; otherwise I should forget the whole idea of contesting the election. But I feel privileged that I was made offers to contest elections more than once. I do have a lot of ideas pertaining to how I can contribute in the matter of development of our country as well as the place around me. I know that if I get political power I will be in a position to implement all those ideas. But I'm not in a hurry and hence would like to wait patiently for that time when I will be absolutely sure that the time is right for me to contest election. Only after that I will enter politics in a big way. Not before that. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment