Friday, April 18, 2014

Dinesh Kamath's news 'I will not let You go unless You bless me' that was published in Newsband

I will not let You go unless You bless me
By Dr Jayakar Ellis as shared with Dinesh Kamath

(Above) Picture of Jayakar Ellis
I have read and heard a lot of messages with regard to EASTER but I heard a message on Easter day which though not related to Easter itself still spoke to my heart and I am sure there are lessons to be learnt for everyone from this beautiful message. The message that I am referring to was delivered by Joyce Meyer and it is titled “Interrupting Satan's Plan” and the message spoke about Jacob wrestling with God and winning and the scripture is taken from Genesis 32:22-30.
In this story it is interesting to note that in Verse 24 it says that a Man wrestled with Jacob until the breaking of the day, but by the time we come to Verse 28 we learn it was God and He says “Your name shall no longer be called Jacob, but Israel; for you have struggled with God and with men, and have prevailed.”
Now to the interesting part. How many of us ever wrestle with God? How many of us are still struggling with that sickness because we are the ones not doing anything about it? How many of us are still facing financial difficulty and lack because we are the ones not doing anything about it? How many of us have ever gotten alone with God and said like Jacob in Verse 26 “I will not let You go unless You bless me!” Are we that hungry or desperate for God to bless us that we tell God that unless You bless me I am not going to let go.
I have found in my life that persistent asking prayer works when nothing else works. There are situations when nothing seems to be going right and even heaven seems to be silent. In such situations I have found that its works best when I get stubborn and start praying for a breakthrough or a solution to the problem. I will keep this up as long as I can and then take a break for a while and after that break I will get back to praying for the problem again in tongues. Obviously, I will again take a break when I am tired or need a break only to come back to praying for the same thing in tongues and this is something I will keep up till I have breakthrough in my Spirit i.e. an assurance of God’s answer in my Spirit and then I go ahead and stop praying about it and sure enough the manifestation of what I have been praying for comes along very quickly. It is a very good lesson I have learnt about prayer that the breakthrough needs to come in the Spiritual realm and with God first before it is manifested in the physical realm. The other lesson well learnt is that for breakthrough to come you will need to get aggressive and persistent and pray with an attitude of I am not letting go God till I get what I want. I hope today that I am able to pass on the importance of these two lessons to you.
Dearly Beloved, Once you can add wrestling with God to your prayer life then there is no turning back whatsoever. Every mountain will have to move and be cast into the sea and you will have breakthrough into the supernatural with God and even heaven will say yes to all that you desire. Come on in and begin to wrestle with God like Jacob and even God will crown you Prince and Victor over every situation in your life.
Let this Easter enable us to have the privilege of God crowning us Prince & giving us victory over every situation in our lives…

Dr Jayakar Ellis is the founder Editor of a privately run Christian Newspaper called The Christian Observer and also the General Secretary – India for National Christian Council.

No comments:

Post a Comment