Saturday, December 24, 2011

Dinesh Kamath, Editor of Newsband, wishes his readers Happy and Merry Christmas and (in advance) a Happy and Prosperous New Year




Hi,
Today is 25th December 2011 and it's a Christmas Day. During this day I remember Bandra - the place I was born and grew up in. I also remember Vasco Da Gama - the place where I spent six years of my childhood. Both these places were densely populated by Catholics who would celebrate Christmas Day in a big and grand way. On this day there would be loud and sweet music all around. One could get the sight of all the Catholics clad in beautiful dresses going to the Church early in the morning for mass prayer held specially for Christmas Day. Big parties were held in most of the Catholic homes on this day and the sound of party people singing in unison would emanate from houses that belonged to Catholics. One could even get the sight of them dancing to the tunes of popular Western and Indian songs. Christmas Day would be a special occasion for all residing in Bandra and Vasco Da Gama. Varieties of sweets would be distributed and all would wish each other 'Happy and Merry Christmas'. So these are my remembrances of Christmas Days. I take this opportunity to wish all my readers 'Happy and Merry Christmas'. I also wish them 'Happy and Prosperous New Year' in advance. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment