Sunday, December 11, 2011

Dinesh Kamath looks back, at present and forward


Hi,
There were many ups and downs in my life ever since I was a kid. Today I'm not very down nor I am very up. My ambition is to reach still greater heights as far as my career is concerned.
Today I'm an Editor of a popular newspaper of a beautiful city like Navi Mumbai (New Bombay). I had never expected to reach such a great height so quickly, considering the fact that I had started my career as a staff journalist in April 2004. Every journalist dreams of becoming an Editor one day. But only few are able to make materialize this dream. I am one of those lucky few who succeeded in becoming the Editor.
I owe this success to Publisher of Newsband Kailash Gindodia who considered me worthy of becoming an Editor of his esteemed newspaper and to former Editor of Newsband K R Bhat who gave me that big break as journalist at the time when I badly needed the break. I don't know what position I would be in today if it was not for these two important persons of Navi Mumbai.
As a journalist I came across many interesting people, landed in many exciting situations and got to know about the kind of politics that prevails within and outside a newspaper office. I found that there is lot of competition in newspaper world and one has to be really strong to survive in this competition. You can't afford to be a weakling in newspaper business. A small mistake can sometimes prove too costly and you find yourself lagging behind in the competition. Hence you have to be extremely careful while pursuing your career in newspaper world. Many journalists had to give up their jobs, some early in their career and others later, owing to the tough competition that exists in newspaper world. You should congratulate those who survived this competition. They are the real heroes (or heroines).
I personally am happy with my performance as journalist during the last more than seven and a half years. I am looking forward to scaling still greater heights in this field. God favoured me in the past and I hope that God will continue to be with me even in the future. Bye!

No comments:

Post a Comment